mypage Limited (NZCN: 8130542) (we, us and our), a New Zealand registered company.
as well as an explanation of the data rights you may have in that Personal Information.
To the extent information is associated with an identified or identifiable natural person and is
protected as “Personal Information” under applicable data protection laws, it is referred to in this
Changes to this policy
changes to our Personal Information collection, usage and storage practices. In relation to any
Personal Information that we hold.
(Users, you, or your), and to all our services (Services), including our Websites, and the landing
pages or personal directory websites created by Users within our Services (each a MyPage).
We may also collect Personal Information about visitors to a mypage (mypage Visitors), solely on
behalf of our Users and at their direction. For example, a User can tell people to scan a QR code
which takes them to that User’s mypage. Information about how that MyPage Visitor subsequently
uses the User’s MyPage is collected and processed by us on behalf of the User.
Users are solely responsible for notifying your mypage Visitors of the collection, processing and use
of their Personal Information by us on your behalf.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect Personal Information for lawful purposes connected to the use of our Services, or where
you have otherwise agreed we can do so. Here are the types of Personal Information we collect:
• Registration information: When you register an account on the Service, you give us your
name, payment information (for Users with paid Services) and email address (this is required
to provide the Service to you).
• Information you publish on a mypage: When you create a mypage, you provide us with the
Personal Information that you choose to publish on that mypage, such as your biographical
information, Personal information contained in any photos and videos, contact information and
links to your website and social media profiles.
• Communications: If you contact us directly, or participate in communications with us, we may
receive additional information about you. For example, in communications with a member of
our team, we may receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a
message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to
• Device and usage information: We may collect information regarding your device, operating
system, IP address, web browser type and screen resolution, language and keyboard settings, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, etc. to see how you use and interact with the
• Analytical Information: When Users use our Services and mypage Visitors access a User’s
mypage, we may use the device and usage information we collect to create analytical
information, such as browsing, scrolling and ‘click-stream’ activity, and session heat-maps.
Analytical information is aggregated such that no Personal Information is likely to be
• Other information: We may collect any other Personal Information that you voluntarily provide
• Third parties: We may receive Personal Information about you from third-party sources where
you have authorised this, or where the information is publicly available, for example for lead
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
having a lawful basis to do so.
We process Personal Information:
• to create and maintain an account for you on the Service and to otherwise provide and
operate the Services;
• to engage in communications from you relating to the Service, including ongoing customer
assistance and technical support and to send you reminders or warnings regarding upcoming
or late payments for your current or upcoming subscriptions;
• to carry out our obligations under, and enforce compliance with, our Terms of Service (found
• to comply with our obligations to our third-party service providers (as outlined below);
• to notify you of services, products, offers or other benefits offered by us that we think may be
of interest to you;
• to monitor how you use the Service so that we may make improvements based on Users’
common or personal preferences, experiences and difficulties;
• to analyse our performance and marketing activities; and
• to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim.
We also process Personal Information to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we
have, including any notification and reporting obligations and any access directions imposed on us by
a Government agency or regulatory authority.
We may also use Personal Information collected for such other purposes that are compatible with the
original purposes described above, or that you otherwise consent to from time to time.
We will request your consent before sending you communications relating to newsletters, promotions
or new features of the Service. You can unsubscribe from any communications from us by contacting
us as directed in any such communications.
3. DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers and others (or otherwise
allow them access to it) in the following manners and instances:
• Users’ mypage: The Personal Information that a User uploads or publishes on a mypage is
publically viewable and accessible.
• Third Party Service Providers: We have engaged certain third party businesses whose
services and solutions support the Service. These include:
• hosting or maintaining any underlying IT system or data centre;
• communications and content delivery networks;
• data and cyber security services;
• billing and payment processing services;
• QR code generation services;
• analytical and usage data services;
• website development services;
• e-mail distribution and monitoring services;
• performance measurement, data optimisation and marketing services; and
• our legal and financial advisors.
We ensure that our third party service providers have adequate security and privacy
safeguards in place to protect the Personal Information it holds on our behalf.
• Legal Requests and Duties: We may be required to supply your Personal Information to a
third party pursuant to a legal request, such as legal proceedings, court order, or in
compliance with applicable laws, if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do
so, with or without notice to you (e.g. a regulatory authority or enforcement agency).
• Change of Control: Should we undergo any change in corporate control, including by merger,
acquisition or purchase of substantially all of our assets, your Personal Information may be
shared with the parties involved in such event.
• As you otherwise direct: We may share your Personal Information with any other person or
entity authorised by you.
Users may create links to third-party websites and apps (including social media websites) within the
User’s mypage. These third-party websites and apps may collect certain Personal Information, and
your interactions with these to third-party websites and apps are governed by their policies and not
5. WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Users’ and mypage Visitors’ Personal Information may be stored in the New Zealand. We may use
other jurisdictions as necessary for the proper delivery of our Services and/or as may be required by
6. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will keep your personal information for as long as required by law e.g., to fulfil our tax obligations,
to resolve disputes regarding our Users or their mypage Visitors, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce
our agreements and/or protect our legitimate interests.
A cookie is a piece of information that our web server may send to your computer when you visit our
website (www.mypage.co.nz). The cookie is stored on your machine, but does not identify
you or give us any information about your computer.
A cookie helps us to recognise you when you re-visit our Website and to co-ordinate your access to
content and help us improve your experience of using our Website.
With most internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies,
or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your browser instructions
Websites but please note that some of its functions may not work as well as if cookies were enabled.
8. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
We may contact you using the email address you provide to us to verify your User profile (as
applicable), for administration purposes, such as account management, customer service or system
maintenance, and regarding your use of the Service. It is important that you are always able to
receive such messages. For this reason, you are not be able to opt-out of receiving such messages
unless you are no longer a User (which can be done by deactivating your account).
We may also send you updates related to the Service such as promotions or other information we
think you may be interested in and which may market and promote the Service if you give us your
permission. The promotional and marketing messages you receive from us will have instructions for
how you can remove yourself from our mailing list. You may do this at any time.
9. PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take the protection of your Personal Information seriously and we will take reasonable steps to
keep your Personal Information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Regardless of the security measures we implement, we cannot guarantee the absolute protection and
security of your Personal Information, your mypage Visitors’ Personal Information or any other
information you provide us. We encourage you to avoid providing us with any sensitive Personal
Information of which you believe its disclosure could cause you or any other person substantial or
10. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the New Zealand Privacy Act, you have the right to seek access to the Personal Information
which we hold about you and to correct that Personal Information if it is incorrect.
Information, please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about privacy issues in New Zealand and protecting your privacy, visit the New
Zealand Privacy Commissioner website at www.privacy.org.nz.